• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

auto component placer with tube PCB prints

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello.
im looking for a PCB software that has tube PCB prints.
i tried some software like orcad and trax maker but i need it to route a single layer and to place the components at the most efficient way by it self...
i want to draw the circuit and let the software do all the placing work and routing.

can any one have a suggestion on what software to use?

have the best day.
David.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
dud_wity said:
can any one have a suggestion on what software to use?

Don't know about the software, but the hardware to use is the stuff between your ears. Seriously, no autorouter can do nearly as good a job as a thoughtful human. As the designer of the circuit, you will consider where the currents flow, heat, proximity of sensitive components, etc, etc. The autorouter is ignorant of these issues and will produce a very poor layout.

Yeah, most have of us have the "hardware" between our ears, it's the "software" that's missing or defective (corrupted)! :clown:
All joking aside, most if not all PCB layout software is geared for double sided digital circuitry. But even then human intervention is always neccesary. If you want good layout with audio circuitry, valve circuitry in particular, you're going to have to do the routing yourself. I usualy draw it out on paper first , then use a prog to make it neat and print it out etc.

Wayne

truth..with some notes.

i think that there is a software that do take into considerations heat etc..maybe orcad? up until now i was routing the circuits my self placing the components with the knowledge i poses and at most care for all the problems that can effect the performance of the circuit.
it takes lots of time and not always justify it self.
with non complex circuitry i rather use the best suggestion the software has and apply my corrections.
the best quality an engineer most own is being lazy:)
i will look for data on the program that was offered:)
thank you!
best wishes
David.
its a wonderful forum

There is a good tube component library available for Eagle, and Eagle also does have a decent autorouter. In most cases using your intellect works better, however. You can specify design rules (for spacing between HV traces, etc.) for the autorouter to follow. Eagle will also warn you if you violate these design rules in a layout you make yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.