• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL84 SE design recommendations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I am reading ;)

Well, not exactly: the 2nd generation of amps is simpler in the schematics, but that is paid by a limited (at least currently) number of combinations that make sense.

Actually, the KT88/6550 make sense as it gives lots of power you would otherwise look for in a (relatively dangerous high B+) 211/VT4C/845 amp... the 300B version makes sense because everyone seems to be fascinated with the tube (maybe because of the price).

So, for now, the 1st generation amps will not be converted to 2nd generation. Maybe in the near future there will be more 2nd generation amps with different output tubes... if the schematics generates the success achieved by the first generation.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex !

Okay, understood.
I will proceed on the RH807 as it was drawn up by you.

One more thing though;
about fixing the voltage on g2 via a voltage divider in the RH807,
what values of resitors and by-pass cap for the lower resistor
do you advise in the "standard" RH807 schematic ?

Cheers,

Empee

I actually DO NOT ADVICE fixing the voltage :)

I believe this was a question about a "voltage divider" to fix the voltage of g2... because in that case you would need a "lower resistor" and the appropriate bypass cap to provide a different AC path.

The RH schematics are designed in such a way that they function regardlessly of B+ (of course, if the value is extremely high, or extremely low, that is a completely different issue). I like to think of it as "in-built reliability" or "novice-proof" design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.