• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Valve Warmer/Distortion PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I would like to have made a type of vavle preamp.

This is what i want from it

Stereo Line Input (2x bal 1/4 inch jack) with Gain Control

A pair of 12AX7 'valves' (or similar/better, Im open to suggestions)

Stereo Line Output (2x bal 1/4 inch jack) with Output Level Control

I do not need Hi Z input
I do not need Phantom
(so isit really a preamp?)

It can be mains powered but has to be low noise.

The guy who can make it for me needs a PCB diagram so can anyone suggest a place I could find one?

Many Thanks

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, so it's hard to suggest anything. How much gain? How dirty? What type of dirty?

But first of all, it's going to be so simple no matter what you do that a PCB is a big waste of time, point-to-point construction would take me less time to get it built than simply designing the PCB. With P2P you can quickly and easily change components and futz around with it until you get what you want.

I pretty much want to use it for distortion and to add 'warmth' to some soft synths

it will be used with a delta 66 soundcard as an insert effect in cubase

don’t want guitar style distortion but I do want it to get pretty heavy.
so I assume I want lots of gain on both ends, but no need for any preamps

I don’t know if the tubes can or need controlling,
I assume you have; input, tube, then output. the output controls/drives the tube?

I hear it will need some sort of cap to keep it noiseless

I am not capable of taking a current PCB and adapting it for my own needs, nor am I skilled enough to tell if the one im looking at is the one I need (though I am trying to learn...)

thanks for ye help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.