• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Repairing VTL TL2.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI all,

The last time, I posted my problem here, it got me help resolve my problem.

Thistime around , I am facing a problem with the VTL TL2.5 Preamp. The fuse were blown away. Each time, I replace the fuse, it got blown away immediately after switch on. I used the recommended 3A slow blo fuse.

I tried isolating the problem to the trans by desolder all the power connection to the pcb board so that the power trans is not taking in any loading. Again, the fuse did blown away immediately as usual. I was not able to take any measurement at all. There seems to be no short to the ground or whatsoever.

Any guides on what should I do next will be helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks for the idea but I would like to confirm that the trans is faulty.

What would be a good way to find out if the trans is causing this problem. It looks like the primary coil is shorting.

There are no trans spec on the VTL website. Anyone have any idea on the trans spec?

Thanks.

Thanks.

At least this somehow confirms that the faulty is in the tranformer. I could easily get a transformer to replace this one if only I know the voltage spec.

I have with me a couple of transormer that I can use for this purpose.

Anyone got any idea what would be the likely B+ for a 6350 and 12au7 tube.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.