• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Soundcraftsmen 220

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i recently purchase a Soundcraftsmen 220 stereo tube amplifier on ebay. it runs on two 12AX7, two EL84/6BQ5, and a 6X5 rectifier. i was wondering if anyone could give me some infor on this amp, and possibly a schematic. im goin to be rebuilding it (new chassis, caps, etc...) thx.

Unless the chassis is in such bad shape that it isn't worth keeping I wouldn't bother to put it on another chassis. Soundcraftsmen are not in the Sam's catalog so you can't get a photofact on it. If you have no luck getting a schematic here then post on Rec Audio Tubes over in the Google groups. Sounds like you have a nice little SE amp. A bit of tweaking and it aught to be great.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
mig-ru said:
i recently purchase a Soundcraftsmen 220 stereo tube amplifier on ebay. it runs on two 12AX7, two EL84/6BQ5, and a 6X5 rectifier. i was wondering if anyone could give me some infor on this amp, and possibly a schematic. im goin to be rebuilding it (new chassis, caps, etc...)

Except for how the tone controls and feedback are wired and the exact values the scematic should look something like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A little poking around and you should be able to figure any deviations and fill in the values.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.