• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rogers Cadet III Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rogers Cadet 3 Schematics

G'day from Down Under,
The parts list and schematic are on the last couple of pages of the User Manual. I don't think a Service manual exists.

Do a search on "vintage hifi manuals" or similar. I bought my original copy of the manual from the UK for 5 pounds.

As I was doing a full restoration I thought it was money well spent (especially as I had to pay 20 pounds for ECC807s to finish the job).

If you have no luck then email me and I'll arrange to get the manual photo copied and will post to you. Note the schematic is one of those with no component values just component numbers - you WILL need the parts list as well as the schematic.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi needlesview,

Strange as this may seem, I have a set sitting on my desk right now. Since I seem to be getting regular requests for these schematics, I thought I'd best do several copies the last time I was asked. Drop me a line via the link below.

The parts list is on the back page of the manual. I can also send schematics for the PU adaptor to be adapted for magnetic pickups.

Paul

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I posted a diagram of the power amplifier on this forum. This is rather embarrassing; although I can find it by doing a search for Rogers Cadet and putting EC8010 in the user name of the search field, I don't seem to be able to cut and paste a valid URL. The diagram is on the second page of the "Suitability of ECL84 tubes for audio" thread.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
The names were given by a friend who drove the kittens 30 miles to me. Cathode yowled continuously the whole way, so he named her that because she was such a copious emitter of noise. After that, Anode followed on naturally. I couldn't think of better names, so they stuck. I once had a cat called Geronimo. You try shouting that at the back door and see how silly you feel!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is the schematic i did for a previous thread -- with input from EC8010 -- i think i've gotten all the bugs out of it

dave

Attachments

• rogers-cadet-iii-map.gif
    rogers-cadet-iii-map.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,330
Mods to Schematic

I'm building a Clone of the power amp section at the moment as a little "bedroom" amp.

I've used Ultralinear connection to the output transformer.

Can anyone offer opinion on the advisability or otherwise of using separate 270R cathode resistors rather than a common 130R for the output pentodes?

Thanks,
Ian

I'll see if I can get access to a scanner at work during the week so that I can download the other pages of the manual. I did have a scanner 'til 2 months ago, then my stepson decided to plug in the printer's PSU 'cos he couldn't find the right one.

30V psu + 16V caps in scanner = :redhot:

Hmmmm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.