• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6AS7 Mono Block's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,
As shown in the schematic the supply voltage is 400V (see that battery symbol? LOL) .. I will put something up in the next couple of days..

I am no fan of windows, although I have kept XP Pro well patched and use thunderbird and Firefox. Never had a virus or a worm.. I will switch fully to linux when longhorn comes out and support for XP ends!!

As much as I like the MAC ( i really do) almost all good engineering software runs under windows.. :eek: There are versions of spice that run on linux, but they are ummmm, unfriendly...

Kevin

Different view altogether

Just to intrude on the thread... with something completely different. Do not mind the fact that only one half of the 6AS7 is used for each channel! You can always add another in parallel...

Any comments -- does it seem more interesting now? Just reply!

PS -- the pdf file I tried to upload is too large?! That is why I have uploaded two "prints" of the original file. I hope they show all important details well enough.

Attachments

• 6as7 output stage.gif
    6as7 output stage.gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 430
6080/6AS7

If no one has noticed, there is a similar thread going on in the forums: I've just posted another schematic, slightly different than the one I have posted on this thread a few hours ago.

No high voltages involved... it's the first 6AS7 amp I made (at the time with 6080 tubes, since I did not have any of the coke bottle 6AS7s).

Attachments

• 6080amp.gif
    6080amp.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 426
Re: 6080/6AS7

Alex Kitic said:
If no one has noticed, there is a similar thread going on in the forums: I've just posted another schematic, slightly different than the one I have posted on this thread a few hours ago.

No high voltages involved... it's the first 6AS7 amp I made (at the time with 6080 tubes, since I did not have any of the coke bottle 6AS7s).

You see i'm looking for a am with COKE bottles : O ) i want big ones.

Dave ( planet10 ) gave me a 813 tube and i love it..

and i'm following both thread's

ST shape

Some time ago, I was on the lookout for ST shape (coke bottle) tubes...

I never actually tired of the shape, and I still prefer it! But, after a while, the only shape that can excite me nowadays is GLOBE.

A friend of mine once said: "Yes, I do not like these metal envelope tubes, either... but once we consume all these glass envelope tubes, we will be happy to turn to the metal ones!".

Regards to all,
Aleksandar

PS
If you want to go ahead with an 6AS7 amp, just do it! 813 is a different affair... and it's not a triode (am I mistaking -- is it the large non ST shape pentode?). I would like to do something with 811s (large ST) but I do not wish to embark in interstage transformers and A2 with current drive...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.