• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DRD calculator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all

when i was approaching the drd design, it just drove me nuts figuring out the resistor values. especially i'm a tube newbie. learning all the jargons of the tube world is staggering.

but thanks to the knowledge in this forum, and pointers from others, i think i more or less understand it now.

thus, i've put together an excel spreadsheet that will calculate resistor values and B+ for DRD design that appeared in VTV.

there is another sheet on the excel that calculates HD2%, HD3% and HD4% given inputs such from a loadline graph. (graph has to be drawn yourself though).

just wanted to share it with others.

cheers
garbage

Attachments

• drd calculator.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 499
updated drd calculator

the current flow is wrong in the previous calculator.
the one here should give the correct values, after clarifying at this thread (thanks guys) ;)

also included is a field that takes OPT resistance as input. this is to cater for voltage drop across the OPT as pointed out by Jim D at AA.

cheers
garbage

Attachments

• updated_drd_calculator.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 562
the current flow is wrong in the previous calculator.
the one here should give the correct values, after clarifying at this thread (thanks guys) ;)

also included is a field that takes OPT resistance as input. this is to cater for voltage drop across the OPT as pointed out by Jim D at AA.

cheers
garbage

Hello
Thanks for the spreadsheet, and would like to ask if it applies to any pair of tubes, or for just the specifics Also what current flows in the transformer output? Current flowing through the tube output or the sum of the currents (tube output and protube)
sorry for my questions, I'm new in electronics
Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.