• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Luxkit A1020 need help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I am using Luxkit A1020 with 4 of Nec 6a-r8 but I tried many time to buy another 6ar8 tube for my reserve.
Unfortunately if my tube is going to die what will I can do with the rest OPT ....remaining thing in my amplifier

What tube can I replace 6ar8 in the future or how can I modify it with Lux OY 14 OPT with 5K

Thanks in advance

Rgds,
Huy

Hi. I have an A-1020 in a good condition. There is no direct replacement for 6RA8. Some of my friends use A2293, but I do not know the details (bias setting, etc.). Also, 6CW5 triode connection may be used, though you have to be careful for the low screen grid voltage specs.

Good luck.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Luxman also had valves made solely for them as well.
Most of these were for the local market though some seem to have "escaped" somehow....

Best way is to try to figure out what the closest possible equivalent could and then adapt the design to that. If at all possible.

Best, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.