kenwood trio el84 push pull schematic - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2004, 07:37 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default kenwood trio el84 push pull schematic

hello everybody,

long time so see, haha, i had to much work in the holiday, but now the schoolyear has began again, i'm on the hifi trail again.

This summer i have build my speakers, open baffle 38cm woofer, full range (150hz-12000hz) coral drive (it is visaton but with the coral paper cone, it was made by coral but with the visaton name on it just when visaton took coral over) and a tweeter (phillips, i will put a ribbon in it)

i'm gonna buy a dcx 2496 to get it wright.

but the amps ? i'm still missing an amp, i need three of them, hahaha. In time i wanna replace the midrange and tweeter amp by a tube amp.

So a half year ago i asked if anybody know the trio el84, and a lot of reactions came up. Everybody told me this amp was very good and it was worth it to make it work again. I have found the schematic and i wanna post it here. (the guy from who i got the things said that was the most fun for listing he ever had).

the schematic has left out the phono stage and added a loudness on to it.

But does anyone has comment on the schematic. I mean is there something which can be done better ? like in the power supply ?
this will be my first tube amp project. Now that i have build the speakers, i'm on to hifi-heaven.

anyway thanx guys for all the help, if i get it wright (the speakers with the dcx 2496 i will take photo's and some measurments)

here you can find the scheme
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Lese...EL84_StAmp.htm

and this is the scheme
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!