• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

kenwood trio el84 push pull schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody,

long time so see, haha, i had to much work in the holiday, but now the schoolyear has began again, i'm on the hifi trail again.

This summer i have build my speakers, open baffle 38cm woofer, full range (150hz-12000hz) coral drive (it is visaton but with the coral paper cone, it was made by coral but with the visaton name on it just when visaton took coral over) and a tweeter (phillips, i will put a ribbon in it)

i'm gonna buy a dcx 2496 to get it wright.

but the amps ? i'm still missing an amp, i need three of them, hahaha. In time i wanna replace the midrange and tweeter amp by a tube amp.

So a half year ago i asked if anybody know the trio el84, and a lot of reactions came up. Everybody told me this amp was very good and it was worth it to make it work again. I have found the schematic and i wanna post it here. (the guy from who i got the things said that was the most fun for listing he ever had).

the schematic has left out the phono stage and added a loudness on to it.

But does anyone has comment on the schematic. I mean is there something which can be done better ? like in the power supply ?
this will be my first tube amp project. Now that i have build the speakers, i'm on to hifi-heaven.

anyway thanx guys for all the help, if i get it wright (the speakers with the dcx 2496 i will take photo's and some measurments)

here you can find the scheme
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Leserbriefe/Andreas_Schiefen-Messing-Amp/EL84_StAmp.htm

and this is the scheme
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.