• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with finding preamp schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
arnoldc said:
frank, i think the http://www.southernelectricaudio.com/ domain is now owned by somebody else. the original contents have been replaced.

Joe let his domain expire and someone scooped it up... his new domain is MIA as well.

He still has back issues (you have to buy them as a set -- and it is not complete), but it is best to get the CD. Joe can be reached at jroberts -at- io.com

dave

i have the original schematic which i also scooped up many moons ago. i'd like to ask permission from the diyaudio team to post. just let me know if it's ok or not ;)

hi analog_sa, can you kindly describe to me "vintage sound?" (sorry, i don't own any vintage equipment)

i have built a variant and it sounds great on my relatively new el cheapo Harman Kardon HD750 HDCD player (but my Oracle sounds better :)) am not sure if i was hearing a vintage sound. if it does, then surely match well my my Altec on open baffles then :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
arnoldc said:
i have the original schematic which i also scooped up many moons ago. i'd like to ask permission from the diyaudio team to post. just let me know if it's ok or not ;)

That is a sticky one... write to Joe & ask him if it is OK. And it would need to be accompanied by a link back to somewhere to help Joe sell SPs. If you don't want to write, i can 9but i may be a while)

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

That is a sticky one... write to Joe & ask him if it is OK.

Maybe Mark777 would be interested in buying the CD-R with all the issues?
I mean, after reading one or two articles you'll want the lot. I know I did.
My copy is in PDF format and about 75 Mb tall...
Not much bytewise as far as CDs go but well worth it and a refreshing read after an evening of heavy math perhaps...
With Winter coming up fast I already printed out a couple of SP articles and tucked them under my pillow.

Cheers,;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

but does not want to sell must be sentimental. i'll be persistent

Ah...LOL.
Yeah, I know the feeling...
Before joining this forum I'd been away from audio as well. Both professionally and as a hobby.
Yet, while I don't even have all issues, I'll never sell my SP, GA and AA issues.
Same goes for my almost complete library of "L'Audiophile" issues too.

There is often so much little gems to find in there. Stuff you'll never find in the more technical books. Even if it doesn't hurt to have both of course.:cool:

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.