RIAA in LTspice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2004, 02:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default RIAA in LTspice

Hi all
I recently decided to have a look at the LTspice/switchercad simulation program. It was my first attempt to use a SPICE program and I was pleasantly surprised to see that is rather easy to get started.

I have now drawn a few RIAA schematics in LTspice and included an exact ANTI-RIAA network to check the accuracy of the RIAA components.
As an example I of a schematic an its frequency response I have attached a file (example.zip).

The example schematic and a few others are included in another attached file (RIAA.zip)

To view the schematics and run the simulations you will have to
download the LTspice/switchercad program. It is freeware and can be downloaded from www.linear.com/software/

Once you have the schematics it is easy to change component
values, change to other tubes or completely modify the circuits.

I hope this will be useful to some of you.

Torben

SORRY: I can't attach my files. Don't know why
Old 17th September 2004, 04:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi all
Since I am unable to attach the above mentioned files they will be available (for a short time) here: http://hjem.get2net.dk/herrmann

Torben
Old 17th September 2004, 07:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

LTSpice is all you need to do SPICE simulations for tube circuits, I have used it extensively for tube RIAA circuits. The correlation between simulation and bench testing for audio frequency response has been excellent, under 0.1dB above 50Hz, about 0.5dB below 50Hz.

Frequency response studies for global negative feedback loop stability, out to 10MHz or so, usually don't correlate so well since parasitic capacitances are hard to add to the simulation, the simulation usually performs better (needs less phase compensation) than the actual circuit.

RIAA frequency response studies can be done with linear models at the expected DC bias conditions (DC plate current, voltage). Attached is an example of a single common cathode stage with linear models for 6072/12AY7 and IR LED in cathode circuit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6072cc1.zip (760 Bytes, 99 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!