• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Innovation 1000 SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need some help!

I just bought a second hand Audio Innovation 1000 SE. I have a problem with the positioning of the driver tubes. The two monoblocks have different positioning for 12AU7 & 12AX7 tubes.

One mono tube positioning is:
12AU7 12AU7 12AX7 12AX7

The other mono positioning is:
12AU7 12AX7 12AX7 12AU7

I knew one of the mono have wrong driver tube positioning but Iwant to know which one is correct. The previous owner already lost the manual and he don't know. My friend said the two driver tubes are not interchangeable and it might damage the tube.

Please help.

Thanks,
ANT

Hi!

Yes, there are 4 driver tubes per monoblock, 2 x 12AU7 and 2 x 12AX7.

My problem is the arrangement of these four tubes in the sockets of the amps. The two monoblocks have different arrangement.

If anyone in the forum also using these amps, maybe they can help me.

Thanks,
ANT

ANT said:
Hi!

My problem is the arrangement of these four tubes in the sockets of the amps. The two monoblocks have different arrangement.

Thanks,
ANT

Hi

From my memory the inner tubes where the ECC83 or 12AX7's

Not much can go wrong when mixing these though it does not lead to best sound

If you lift the cover, you can check by following the traces interconnecting the (green?) coupling caps to the EL34. The coupling caps belong to the ECC82 / 12AT7

cheers

ANT said:
Hi!

Thanks,
ANT

Hi

From my memory the inner tubes where the ECC83 or 12AX7's

Not much can go wrong when mixing these though it does not lead to best sound

If you lift the cover, you can check by following the traces interconnecting the (green?) coupling caps to the EL34. The coupling caps belong to the ECC82 / 12AT7

cheers

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

If the 1000 is a beefed up 800 in monoblock format then I think it goes something like this:

First stage 12AX7 input differential SRPP/Common Cathode > 2 tubes?
Second stage 12AU7 output driver, triode sections paralleled > 2 tubes probably 1 1/2 used.

The green caps Guido is refering to are quite likely Roederstein metalized paper pulse capacitor for robotic insertion, FKP 18xx...

To recap (pun intended) : 2*12AX7 input and split, 2* 12AU7 split and driver, 4*EL34 power output.

Cheers, ;)

Used to be tubetech guy and have made service for all the AI products, i must admit that didnt like there produckts very much except for the S1000 pre-amp and monoblocks ;)

The tubes should be seated:

EL34_EL34_EL34_EL34

ECC82_ECC83_ECC83_ECC82

fdegrove said:
Hi,

If the 1000 is a beefed up 800 in monoblock format then I think it goes something like this:

First stage 12AX7 input differential SRPP/Common Cathode > 2 tubes?
Second stage 12AU7 output driver, triode sections paralleled > 2 tubes probably 1 1/2 used.

The green caps Guido is refering to are quite likely Roederstein metalized paper pulse capacitor for robotic insertion, FKP 18xx...

To recap (pun intended) : 2*12AX7 input and split, 2* 12AU7 split and driver, 4*EL34 power output.

Cheers, ;)

Do you have differential SRPP schematic ?

thx

Audio Innovation S1000 any good?

I am currently looking at a AI S1000 MK1 mono tube poweramp.

Maybe there are somebody who have a listned to such an amp? Is it any good? I cannot find much info on the net on this amp. Unfortnately i cannot hear the amp before I buy it, so I wonder if is the risk worth? It should be in mint condition and with JJ EL34 + siemens E88CC fitted.

Thanks for the input:)

Regards

Re: Audio Innovation S1000 any good?

eXperiMental:-) said:
I am currently looking at a AI S1000 MK1 mono tube poweramp.

Maybe there are somebody who have a listned to such an amp? Is it any good? I cannot find much info on the net on this amp. Unfortnately i cannot hear the amp before I buy it, so I wonder if is the risk worth? It should be in mint condition and with JJ EL34 + siemens E88CC fitted.

Thanks for the input:)

Regards

Hi

It is a fine amp, for the more power hungry speakers. If possible, I'd suggest to put them in triode mode, then they still bring 25 Watts/channel, but more open and subtle sound. You may evben take away the feedback in that case

I am puzzled to see that E88CC are mounted.

best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.