• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

opt frequency response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a newbie I've started making a leak stereo 60 . I made the circuitboard
similar to the way leak did and have managed to get a transformer company here in perth to wind the output transformers to the same specs as the originals except for the core which like a c section but with out the two halfs. I don' t have the power transformers yet they will be ready in a couple of weeks and was woundering if its possible to measure their frequency response as they are not connected. They should have a primary load impedance of 5600 ohms, anode to anode resistance of 102 ohms and screen taps @25%. I've got a cro and function generator , do Ineed more equipment? or is it not possible.If someone could help Iwould be most gratefull.
nkg

If you use Tim's method, be sure to adjust the frequency generator to the same output impedance as the output tubes by inserting a series resistor, other wise the frequency response will be incorrect, with too low source impedance you will see better, (wider) frequency response than what you get in the real amplifier.

Regards Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.