DIY valve amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2004, 10:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DIY valve amp

having just purchased a valve amp for my car, valve preamp stage only, i have decided i wanna try one on my home hi fi. also having for a while wanted to build some sort of amplifier i thought i'd have a go.

initial thoughts were maybe to do something similar to what my car amp does, maybe mutilate a normal amp (a&r a60) to put a valve pre amp stage in? is there anything like this i could do?

if not i looked through the stickies buts got very, erm, overwhelmed by the masses of info. are there any sites which are step by step guides to building a valve amp with parts which can be (easily) sourced from within the uk.

thx very much
matthew
Old 14th August 2004, 01:18 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you are more interested in the result than in the learning process, I strongly recommend you build a kit. It will include step by step instructions and parts are already sourced!

If you want to learn how and you're starting at the ground floor with regards to electronics knowledge, there's no other way than to start at the bottom and accept that it will take considerable determination and study before you can begin building on your own.
Old 14th August 2004, 07:03 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

great, could somebody point me in the right direction for either pre amp guides, or a pre amp kit?
thx
Old 14th August 2004, 08:08 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Here is one
http://www.worldaudiodesign.com/wadproducts/pre11.html

And here is a link to some of Craig Ryders's links
http://64.154.92.195/forums/bottlehe...ges/69273.html

Regards,
Bas

Hide this!Advertise here!