• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

power supply pspice simulation problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am simulating a choke-input power supply with 2 section LC filters in both psud and pspice. While I am getting about 20V, 100mV, 500uV ripple voltages after chokes in psud as expected, pspice gives about 60V, 30V and 30V ripple after chokes. Transformer resistance, choke resistances and capacitor esrs are modeled in simulation, and load is simulated as a current source. What can be the problem with spice ?

Thanks in advance.

MB

sch..

Attachments

• psu.gif
    psu.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 136
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
One question I have, did you make sure that there is 180 degree phase shift between the sources V1 and V2? If not, you are only using only half of the 50Hz waveform. That will give more ripple.

Your probes look weird indeed, I need to look at it some more. Can you do a probe of a realistic time frame, like from 0 to 200mSecs. What is the signal at pin 3 of the tube?

Jan Didden

I dont think there must be 180degree phase shift between V1 and V2. I have also simulated it. Keep in mind they are connected like (+-) (+-) not the otherwise.

Moreover, I am getting the correct results now. I think pspice is messed up. I think I need to install service pack for orcad.

Thanks...

MB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.