Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

On Line Tube Learning for newbies....
On Line Tube Learning for newbies....
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2018, 09:56 AM   #251
miralin is offline miralin  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Thanks, AquaTarkus.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:38 PM   #252
Impunity is offline Impunity  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnixon View Post
If I can get permission to copy and get someone to host, I have the perfect books. Basic Electronics by Vankenburgh, Nooger & Neville.
Vol 1 and 2, first ed 1955. They are by far the best books for audio beginners I have ever seen. Vol 1 is power supply based and Vol 2 is a triodes/audio wonderland for newbies. (other volumes 3-6 are not audio related) Simple, not too deep, very well illustrated in a campy mid-50's flare and is very entertaining and gets the essentials right.
If you can find Vol 1 or 2 in a library or used book store, get it!
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I searched and found a seller who had the full set in great condition for $25. Such a deal and now in the eve of life I'm recapping stuff I sort of knew when I was in my twenties. AND, I just picked up a tube amp out of an organ that I hope to modify for use with my turntable. Yep, I know to keep my fingers and screw drivers out of the way.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:58 PM   #253
peteki is offline peteki  Australia
diyAudio Member

A great resource about tubes and many circuits is "Radiotron Designers Handbook", edited by Langford Smith, 1953 ed. It is a fairly complete source of such information, but may be a little hard to obtain.
Old 27th April 2018, 01:11 AM   #254
etinsley is offline etinsley  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impunity View Post
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I searched and found a seller who had the full set in great condition for $25. Such a deal and now in the eve of life I'm recapping stuff I sort of knew when I was in my twenties. AND, I just picked up a tube amp out of an organ that I hope to modify for use with my turntable. Yep, I know to keep my fingers and screw drivers out of the way.
You can download them HERE. I do have the original hardbound set but I usually read the PDF these days.
Old 29th April 2018, 10:54 PM   #255
mhconley is offline mhconley  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteki View Post
A great resource about tubes and many circuits is "Radiotron Designers Handbook", edited by Langford Smith, 1953 ed. It is a fairly complete source of such information, but may be a little hard to obtain.
Available here: rca :: Radiotron Designers Handbook 1954 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Martin
Old 30th April 2018, 12:25 AM   #256
Impunity is offline Impunity  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinsley View Post
You can download them HERE. I do have the original hardbound set but I usually read the PDF these days.
I did print this manual. For any others who wish to, there are over 80 pages so top up your printer paper.
Regards John L.
Old 5th May 2018, 05:07 PM   #257
fscarpa58 is offline fscarpa58  Italy
diyAudio Member

I suggest
Reich, Theory and applications of electron tubes, 1944, p.716
http://www.tubebooks.org/Books/reich.pdf

On Line Tube Learning for newbies....Hide this!Advertise here!