• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL34 tubes to Proboi M50 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have two of these old russian tube amplifiers, Proboi M50. Other is working and other is in peaces. I would like to replace the original 6P3C-1 (which are getting rather old and soon will break) tubes with EL34 tubes, but since I'm pretty much noobie with tube-stuff, I don't have a clue how to do it. I haven't been able to find any information about my amp from the net. So, I'm wondering if anyone has one of these amps anymore and knows how to replace the tubes?

One cord from transformer goes to top of each tube. Rest of the pins is located at the bottom of the tubes.

That's a good point, that the amplifier is named Priboi, not Proboi, as the guy told me who gave me these amps :) Now, I started to find some intresting information about my amp. I think I found the number of the hifi-magazine where were an article telling how to change those tubes. Now I only need to find the thirteen-years-old magazine :)

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.