• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

spotted this on ebay - 700w triodes anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone got plate curves?:hot:

Got a plentiful supply of MOTs thanks to my local repair shop - It seems that when microwave ovens die the transformer is usually ok. Evil and dangerous things though!
Secondaries are grounded to the frame and can't usually be disconnected. I once used one as a heater transformer by removing the secondary and adding heater windings - only needs a few turns each.

Saw a page on an amateur radio site about bolting two of the things together to make a full wave rectified 2kv supply.

I would imagine that an output transformer might be more of a problem, mind you, a hammond 1642SE can handle 300ma and 75 watts

This one seems to read "B.B.C. The White House Motspur Park New Malden, Surrey.."

It looks to be ither an unknown un-disclosed experimental anti-aircraft radar tube in when they were doing research between 1943-1949 OR it is a commercial broadcast tube from that era..Wouldn't be surprised if it is for the B.B.C or created by the B.B.C for the war effort.

There were certianly a lot of Air defence radar systems around at that time but I'll be damed if I can find any reference to one being at New Malden, Surrey..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.