• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Grundig TK-60 Reel to Reel Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I picked up a Grundig TK-60 in mint physical condition last week. However I do not know how to get it to record or playback. Could anyone possibly post or email me English instructions for operation? There was a fairly long thread a year or so ago dealing with this, but I found it somewhat hard to understand.

If I can't get the thing going in a fairly straightforward manner I am thinking about using the parts for other projects. Does anyone have a take on the quality of the OPTs? The amp is a SE EL84. I was thinking of maybe using them for a 12B4 amp or even a 2A3. Think they will be good?

Thanks,
Michael

I don't know about that model, but I used a pair of ferrograph OPTs in a 6B4 SE amp, sounds great. They were originally used with SE EL84s, I managed to find two identical mono recorders!

The size of an OPT is sometimes an idea of its sound quality and freq response quality- small ones tend to saturate and will run out of puff. So if they

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.