• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

wa i popped a tube lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so stupid it's funny was cleaning my bogen amp and i wanted to
use the old black plate tubes for a few hour's. anyway i took the matched pair off the amp and was going to put it in there box's.
set the tube in the box bottom fall's out kerpop lol o well. now i can geting better one's

;)

and tape the bottom of the box :xeye: :bawling:

Attachments

• mvc-738f.jpg
    mvc-738f.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 212
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

and tape the bottom of the box

The accident wouldn't have happened if the box would have been properly designed for its task in the first place...

Those short lipped boxes are bound to open under the weight of anything like a 6550, KT88, 6CA7 and similar tubes when held upright.
The better boxes have triangular lips and a divider running diagonally inside the box so the tube is firmly clamped by the flexture of the carton inside the box.

Expensive accident but it could have been worse still....

Cheers,

I wouldn't want to be in the room if this managed to crack!!:
Vintage Australian TV Set

Fortunatley the tube is still intact after 50 years of service and has an almost brand-new emission rating..:hot:

I don't think the Television was ever serviced or operated very much at all...

Which is why it is one of my most prised posessions in a world where I cannot have a great thing, But I can sure as hell have a big thing.

And yes yes the Tube and circuitry but not limited to it is INCREDIBLY dangerous!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.