• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My New Project Completed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nice effort... bet you feel good hey? it always feels good when you finnish a project.. especially when you finally get to hear it! :)

apart from that, maybe you should've posted in the photo galery thread... a dedicated thread for dedicated people like you dedicated enough to take photo's and put them up on the net... something i would do if i could be bothered... but that's another story.

cheers

Hi,

They are James Audio Transformer. I place the order for the manufacturer for 2 power and 2 output transformers (600 ohm).

I will show u the schematic later on. The circuit is really very very simple. 5 - 6 pcs. of resistor + 1 pcs. coupling capacitor + 2 tubes

This power monoblock is very hot as the filament current is high.

Rgds,
Redwine.

The schematic is here.

Attachments

• 6c33c_6.gif
    6c33c_6.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 452

G

Joined 2002
cpu_bach said:
Hello. I recommend you to indicate that the original schematic diagram of your amplifier was presented by Mr. Yoshio Nasu in a Japanese magazine named "Radio technology." I believe it is a matter of courtesy.
Regards.

If Mr. Nasu presented it in a magazine then he obviously expected someone to build it. I doubt if he is so arrogant as to expect every builder to post his name and acknowledge his cunning design. It's a tube amp. Not a Picasso. Good job redwine! Beautiful work!

Thanks for all of the members appreciation.

Actually the schematic diagram is download from website.

I really appreciated the design of this circuit as I understand that simple is the best.

Before I consider which project to start, I think about various type of tubes and circuit......

I dont want to look for expensive power tubes just like WE300B, Genalex KT88.......

My Requirement at my first thinking :

1) Single end Class A

2) Power 12W above

3) Triode output

4) Simple circut design with NO negative feedback

Finally I decided either 6C33C or GM70.....but consider the operating voltage for 6C33C is lower than GM70 (high voltage is more dangerous), so that is the choice.

I make this thread is just want to share my happiness with all diyers.

Rgds,
Red;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.