• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Flashing EL34

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reading your post about the Jadis Orchestra stating that, and i quote, "the Jadis Orchestra has a transistor gain stage at the input and if you take it out of circuit the sound become much better" because "the Jadis Orchestra is in fact a hybrid amp..." i thought maybe this is an easy thing one can DIY. Can you please give me some information about it? Thx

imfos said:
"the Jadis Orchestra is in fact a hybrid amp..." i thought maybe this is an easy thing one can DIY. Can you please give me some information about it? Thx

Olá , Imfos

Yes ... Its a thing one can Diy , but that depend of your technical knowledge ;)

The issue is to bypass the transistor gain stage ( 3X , if I remember correctly ) and to connect the volume pot directly to the 12AX7 grid ...

In any doubt, email me...

Olá Jorge

I'm afraid my technical knowledge is not enough to fully understand your tip.:bawling:
I'm far from being a technician and only with full instructions (preferably with pictures) i fell encouraged to do the job.
Thxs anyway for your reply.

Imfos

P.S.- I'm still not allowed to e-mail you

Hello tube_dude, Is it possible to share the instructions with me so that I can bypass the trasnistor gain and make the amp 100% tube amp?
Olá , Imfos

Yes ... Its a thing one can Diy , but that depend of your technical knowledge ;)

The issue is to bypass the transistor gain stage ( 3X , if I remember correctly ) and to connect the volume pot directly to the 12AX7 grid ...

In any doubt, email me...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.