Output Transformer Question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2004, 12:20 PM   #1
316a is offline 316a  England
diyAudio Member

Default Output Transformer Question

Hello All ,
I have a rather nice looking 5x4x4" tropicalised double c-core , double bobbin output tranny with some weird tappings . Before I hunt down a mate for it I need a bit of info . I guess it's a Partridge judging by the 'T3651' part number . It measures 10k a-a primary with 8 x 2 ohm secondary taps . The other windings are marked 'Overload' and the connections marked as ' S T T2 T3 F' . What are these for ? Any info on this particular transformer or shed any light on what the tappings are for will be much appreciated . Thanks !

cheers

316a
Old 14th June 2004, 02:31 PM   #2
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Start, Tapping 1, Tapping 2, Tapping 3, Finish?

Which really helps you. Have you measured the ratios to this winding? It might turn out to be useful for something. On the other hand, perhaps you should just accept that you have a 100W 10k transformer, drive a square wave up it from anode to anode from a 5k source, terminate the secondaries with an appropriate load resistance, and see if it's any good.
Old 14th June 2004, 02:49 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010
Start, Tapping 1, Tapping 2, Tapping 3, Finish?

Which really helps you. Have you measured the ratios to this winding? It might turn out to be useful for something. On the other hand, perhaps you should just accept that you have a 100W 10k transformer, drive a square wave up it from anode to anode from a 5k source, terminate the secondaries with an appropriate load resistance, and see if it's any good.
Hello ,
Thanks , I'll give the taps a measure . Even if I don't find another , it will soon be in use in my prototype GK71 amplifier . Just need to find a chassis that can take 120lbs of power supply iron and capacitors now !

cheers

316a
Old 14th June 2004, 02:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Aha !

Quote:
Originally posted by 316a

Hello ,
Thanks , I'll give the taps a measure . Even if I don't find another , it will soon be in use in my prototype GK71 amplifier . Just need to find a chassis that can take 120lbs of power supply iron and capacitors now !

cheers

316a
Just remembered that Partridge was bought out by Transformers and Rectifiers . They have all the original drawings . I'll give them a bell

cheers

316a

Hide this!Advertise here!