• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Output Transformer Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All ,
I have a rather nice looking 5x4x4" tropicalised double c-core , double bobbin output tranny with some weird tappings . Before I hunt down a mate for it I need a bit of info . I guess it's a Partridge judging by the 'T3651' part number . It measures 10k a-a primary with 8 x 2 ohm secondary taps . The other windings are marked 'Overload' and the connections marked as ' S T T2 T3 F' . What are these for ? Any info on this particular transformer or shed any light on what the tappings are for will be much appreciated . Thanks !

cheers

316a :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Start, Tapping 1, Tapping 2, Tapping 3, Finish?

Which really helps you. Have you measured the ratios to this winding? It might turn out to be useful for something. On the other hand, perhaps you should just accept that you have a 100W 10k transformer, drive a square wave up it from anode to anode from a 5k source, terminate the secondaries with an appropriate load resistance, and see if it's any good.

Thanks

EC8010 said:
Start, Tapping 1, Tapping 2, Tapping 3, Finish?

Which really helps you. Have you measured the ratios to this winding? It might turn out to be useful for something. On the other hand, perhaps you should just accept that you have a 100W 10k transformer, drive a square wave up it from anode to anode from a 5k source, terminate the secondaries with an appropriate load resistance, and see if it's any good.

Hello ,
Thanks , I'll give the taps a measure . Even if I don't find another , it will soon be in use in my prototype GK71 amplifier . Just need to find a chassis that can take 120lbs of power supply iron and capacitors now !

cheers :)

316a

Aha !

316a said:

Hello ,
Thanks , I'll give the taps a measure . Even if I don't find another , it will soon be in use in my prototype GK71 amplifier . Just need to find a chassis that can take 120lbs of power supply iron and capacitors now !

cheers :)

316a

Just remembered that Partridge was bought out by Transformers and Rectifiers . They have all the original drawings . I'll give them a bell

cheers

316a :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.