• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Needed schematic....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see how that circuit can work. Obviously, my inability to read Cyrillic is part of the problem.

How is the triode's anode made positive with respect to its cathode? All I see are connections to the insulated gates of the MOSFETs. Power MOSFETs are enhancement mode devices. Where does the necessary forward bias come from?

BTW, I use a popup stopper. Is that problematic in this situation?

No problem here (Google Toolbar). It just shifts it aside like FRAMES, except it's an IE window pane, something java-activated.

Here's what it looks like from my monitor (minus the JPEG compression ;) ).

As for the circuit, there's still no DC path, inverted triode or not. Certainly no way to properly bias the MOSFETs, and if they are complementary it'll be deep in class C. I say it's a represenative schematic.

Tim

Attachments

• cryllicamp.jpg
    cryllicamp.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 138
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I say it's a represenative schematic.

Looks like it...although they seem to have done either measurements on it or maybe just a sim.

Input looks as if it's a headphone jack, text says XLR (hey, I can figure out Russkie speakskie :D ) though.

This one's for kicks:

I ran the words right after V1a through Systran and it came up with this for a translation:

"the lamp of the rocking"...What are these guys upto?

Could that be an oscillator?

Strangest thingie...

Cheers, ;)

The amplifier works in 2 ways...Pure Class A with very low Kr and low output power...and Class AB as a high power amplifier.
That can be achieved probably with an optron connected to the drain of the Power MOSfet which controls Qcurrent. The great thing about the amp is that there is a switch that commutates the to modes class A or class AB. The exotic connection of the tube with the grounded grid achieves optimal co-ordination between the OP amp and the Power MOSfet's with all the positives and negatives of the tube :smash: :headbash: .
As you said the schematic on the site is just a representive. I'm searching for the full schematic...:bawling: :cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.