• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

some tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An old uncle mine is if moving of my city, and it he has some tubes ,and agreed to donating to me if I liked.

As it makes well little time that I started to interest me for the subject, still I do not know very to decide.

He does not go to give all to me, only some.

Then, to make a small amplifier for earphones, one gainclone hybrid and an stereo power amp, which I need to ask for?

Heres the small list...

GE 6CL6
TEN 6AN8
RCA 6CF6
TOSHIBA 6U8A
SYLVANIA 6CF6 6CBGA
SYLVANIA 6GK5 6FQSA
MINIWATT 6AL3 EY88
MINIWATT XCF80
SYLVANIA 6AV6
RCA 6939
RCA 6AW8A
MINIWATT 6BE6 EK90
ULTRON E88CC
CHELMER 6F17
HITACHI 6CL6
AMPEREX UL84
6CW5
6AL5
MINIWATT EF86
RAYTRONIC EF86
UNITED TUBE 6060
RCA 6BY6
6AH6
6A56
6AK5W
GE 6AQ5A
PHILLIPS E80CC
ECF82
PHILLIPS E182CC
SCI 1600
ENGLISH ELECTRIC TUBE CV287
PHILLIPS 85A2
MULLARD QQE03-12
QSD QQE03-12
EF91 (16 OF THEM)
OA2
ECC33
HITACHI 6BK4A
ECC82
RCA 6AL5
TESLA ECF82
MULLARD EL822
6BN6
CV395
OA2
OB2
MULLARD ECC82
SYLVANIA 3MJ8

Thank you very much!

Marcio

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

a small amplifier for earphones, one gainclone hybrid and an stereo power amp, which I need to ask for?

ULTRON E88CC

O.K. for gainclone and headphone amp and also stereoamp...ask for all he wants to give you...;)

O.K. for stereoamp.

= EL86 same size as the EL84/6BQ5, I like it better but power is slightly lower.

You'll probably need at least 4 of them, ask for twice as much so you can match or have spares.

MINIWATT EF86
RAYTRONIC EF86

Input penthode for poweramp ask for at least 2 of them.

PHILLIPS E80CC

Excellent allrounder...I'm starting to get a little jealous of you...
Ask for some.

Good for phasesplitting/driver. Ask a few.

Cheers,;)

P.S. After that you can safely refer to that uncle as your sugaruncle ....:clown:

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Maybe the e182cc serves for something?

It's one of those bigger noval twin triode tubes that was originally designed for analogue computer service.

It is said to be fine for audio use and has been successfully used as a driver/phasesplitter.

Personally I'd rather have another pair of E80CCs instead of that one but the choice is of course all yours.:)

Cheers,;)

P.S. There are some more types on that list that have their use in audio. I just selected the most useful ones for your shoppinglist.:D

I asked for the tubes with my knees on the ground, he opened the eyes very, seemed balls of golf, but now I am very very happy... :D

Here is:

5 SQ Philips E80CC (gold pins)
6 SQ Philips E182CC
5 MW Phillips EF86
9 Ultron E88CC (gold pins , its very the same philips but with ultron brand)
2 6CW5 Matsushita (Japanese)
2 ECC82 (CV491 , I´m not sure about manufacturer , it have a YA with an up arrow , made in england )
1 ECC82 Telefunken

My first project will be the VBIGC , I want to make 5 channels to put some power and quality to my HTPC. For that I will use these E88CC , sure?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.