• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

driver stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you think about this driver stage?

I would like to try it in my amp, but I have to change the setting of the ECC83. The power supply for this tube is about 400V and I would like that the power supply will be same in bouth triode in the driver stage.

What is the correct current for this setting? Where does it sound in the best?

Thanks,

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 80
Around 1mA and 175V plate (from +400V).

That's 225V across the resistor, with 1mA through it....so plate resistor needs to be 220k ohms. Use a 1/2W or better resistor. As for exact cathode resistor value, I'd have to draw a loadline but I'll guess it needs to be 1k. It's always 1k. :smash:

That's for #1. For #2, the cathode follower (CF), you assume the cathode voltage is nearly grid voltage, which is set by the plate of #1. So let's see... 175V at 1mA is 175k ohms, let's say 180k. 220k would work just fine, as would 150 or even 100k, it's not critical.

#3 is your output stage and I'm guessing you either aren't changing that or are going to get to that next... :clown:

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.