• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Umbilical Connector Suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I need some advice:

I am building the final form of my pre-amp, which will have two chassis, PS and Pre. I will need to run two umbilicals between the chassis (HV and grounds, and AC). One will need to 6 connections, while the ther will need four. The HV will be at approx 330VDC 45mA, and the AC will be 12.6VAC 1A.

I would like to hear what you suggest for the connectors of the umbilicals.

Thanks,

Bryan

Just having a little fun. I'm always interested to see who can identify which avatar. Gort was easy. The one before that, no one got (still one stubborn guy guessing so I can't give it away). The one before that, only the Dutch and Belgian guys recognized- the late Pim Fortuyn.

Back on topic, I saw some socket/plug combos that looked exactly like octals, but had 11 pins. That tempts me into an upgrade...

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Back on topic, I saw some socket/plug combos that looked exactly like octals, but had 11 pins. That tempts me into an upgrade...

Possibly CRT connectors.

In Europe those noval and octal plugs are virtually impossible to find nowadays...
At least, I've never been able to find someone actually stocking them here.

Cheers,;)

P.S. Coming to Europe on your way back from SA, SY?

Frank- France first, then over to London, down to Cape Town, then Austria. The scheduling is still fluid, but if I get within range of Belgium, you owe me a beer. And I owe you a bottle of wine. The 11-pin jobs turned up in my junkbox. They fit the same cutout as the current octals and give me an opportunity to do more supply splitting between channels.

George- Not Terman. And your quote seemed somehow Ed Wood-like. Close?

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

The 11-pin jobs turned up in my junkbox. They fit the same cutout as the current octals and give me an opportunity to do more supply splitting between channels.

In case anyone needs them (their same as octal diameter is an asset if you have that punch) :

OCTAL BASED 11-PINHEADS.:)

It turns out these were indeed used for CRTs, rekay sockets and some photomultiplier tubes such as the ubiquitous 931A.

but if I get within range of Belgium, you owe me a beer.

Only one? Very unbelgian...:D Give me a yell if you like.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.