• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PCB mounting B7G sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier for B7G tube (valve) sockets suitable for PCB mounting? Ceramic or PTFE preferred but, well any type really.

I've had no problems finding B9A sockets but the small 7 pin jobs seem virtually impossible to find except in a chassis mounting style.

Best regards

Mike T

this is my ideas,draw a pic help you understand it;)
you can cut the small chassis mounting socket pins,and extend outward a little.all things maybe done:smash:

Attachments

• socket-tube-adp.jpg
    socket-tube-adp.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 139
Thanks digi01 and Frank, for both your helpful replies.

I had considered modifying an existing chassis socket but unfortunately the chassis ones I already own aren't that well suited to this (lots of bulky metal shielding around the socket base, a good thing in some respects but it made the PCB mounting look very untidy - an obvious if admittedly effective "kludge".)

Thanks for the TubeStore link, Frank, thought I'd looked there in the past but following your link, there they were, ceramic B7G sockets just as I'd been looking for. Now awaiting the postman's arrival! :)

Thanks again

Mike

aes

Hi Mike

After posting, I went to their web site and guess what, the sockets aren't there but it's in their catalog. Hmmm. Went there to order tubes (that were on special from their spring flyer) and other needed items for my next project and a lot of the stuff wasn't to be found. They didn't even have half of the tubes that's in the catalog! Oh well, I don't get it. :xeye: I guess you have to order by phone or paper. Maybe I'll email their butts!

Wayne :(

edit: spelling, Where's the coffee?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.