Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th June 2004, 12:52 PM   #1
petrkp is offline petrkp  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Question Universal power supply UIP-1 from former USSR schematics

Dear colleagues,

I have bought 2 pieces of power supply UIP-1, 20 - 600 V DC/0,5 A, based on 8 pieces of GU50. I would like to modify these power supplies. The power supply was produced in Estonia, Tallin.
I have only found the technical description, but not the schematics. Would you help me, please.
BTW, I have got a lot of tubes produced in former USSR und would like to find somebody, who has experience with using of these tubes in power amplifiers. I speak czech, german, english and a bit russian (I would like to improve mu krowledge of russian language .
Old 6th June 2004, 03:33 PM   #2
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Can you take photographs of the insides so that a circuit could be traced? It's probably not very complicated - just big.
Old 6th June 2004, 05:16 PM   #3
petrkp is offline petrkp  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

yes, it is big nad heavy (45 kg). I will try to make some pictures, but I think in DIY members in Russia must know it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uip1.jpg (9.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 12th November 2010, 07:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

hello petr

have the schematic of both UIP-1 and UIP-2.
will try to post it for you.
please let me know if you are willing to sell one of them??
best regards
gerhard[IMG]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/Bischof/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Old 12th November 2010, 09:46 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Today its possible to purchase much better transformers in sub 100 EURO range then the old ones. I'm understand when people utilize vintage audio frequency/output transformers, but old power transformers (especially made in former USSR) are better suited for scrapyard.

I'm currently using toroidal power transformers (2x189V/0.4A, 30V/0.4A, 60V/0.1A, 3x63V/10A, 2x3V/10A), in conjunction with regulated stabilized power supply 360 - 490V. Need to say, this toroid is absolutely silent and runs just slightly warm.

Hide this!Advertise here!