• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

what tube manufacture of 6550??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I have buyed a all tube bass amp 300W at ebay when i got it the output tube had broken durieng transportation.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/VT300.html

So i have to replace with 6 match tubes 6550.
the tube that was inside was from ruby tube's

now im not sure what tube is best ´reliebel i know that groove tubes are used in ampeg svt.

does any body know what is the best tube if the price is not to high i'll be happy

thanks jc dk.

There is Electro Harmonix
Svetlana or Sovtek

I choose Ither Svetlana or Electro Harmonix

If you want a rugged tube then go for the KT88 or KT90's they both meet and exceed 6550 specs however the amplifier may need to be modified, unsure...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

By the looks of the internal design of the amplifier KT90's are out of the question although the plate colour and base type remind me of the Svetlana 6550/KT88..

So I'd say /if/ this amp can use Svetlana 6550's so go for Svetlana.

Get a matched six if you don't care for cost, you might have matching problems if you buy a single or pair then just pop em in the place of broken ones.

It would help a great deal if you could post the mu of each tube in this amp so as to get a better understanding.

I think the JJ 6550's are too fat for this purpose though unless you are willing to remove the tube brace support that goes over the tubes?

It would remove any chance of heavy transportation which is always a factor in moving bands...

Anyone else have opinions upon the mechanical design of different brand tubes and their ability to replace the Ruby tubes role in this amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.