• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Difference between CK6528 and 6528A ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again

OK - thanks again. The tubes I have are for sure NOS. They came from Kastup Airport in Copenhagen. I got them from a person who works there. He got a lot of tubes when they decided to get rid of some old stuff.

About building an amp with these. I have a set of output trannies made for 300B PP. The problem is that i dont know the load they represent. Does someone know if it would fall in a range that is uaseble for these tubes? I also have a set of output trannies made for 4 x 6550C Paralel push pull. Would these be better?

Thanks again, Peter

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
For Class A PP, you need about 2k - 2k5 anode to anode for one pair of 6528 triodes (one 6528 - it's a dual triode), and for SE a 2k transformer. If you ratio a 5k transformer (that's probably what your 300B transformers are) by connecting an 8R load across the 16R winding to give a 2.5k load you will lose a little bit of power in the excessive DC resistance of the secondary and the HF performance won't be as good as a purpose-designed 2k5 transformer, but bass may be better. If you feel that SY is too far away to send 6528 for proper crushing, the UK is nearer...

6528 Tubes

I have found no difference with any of them, 6528, 6528A, or 6528A/B

Attachments

• 6528S.jpg
    6528S.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 121
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.