Difference between CK6528 and 6528A ? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2004, 11:47 AM   #21
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

FWIW, I used a pair of them in PP with 400V B+, 1250 ohms plate-to-plate, and got a solid, low-distortion 90 watts.
Old 4th June 2004, 08:02 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hi again

OK - thanks again. The tubes I have are for sure NOS. They came from Kastup Airport in Copenhagen. I got them from a person who works there. He got a lot of tubes when they decided to get rid of some old stuff.

About building an amp with these. I have a set of output trannies made for 300B PP. The problem is that i dont know the load they represent. Does someone know if it would fall in a range that is uaseble for these tubes? I also have a set of output trannies made for 4 x 6550C Paralel push pull. Would these be better?

Thanks again, Peter
Old 4th June 2004, 10:31 AM   #23
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

For Class A PP, you need about 2k - 2k5 anode to anode for one pair of 6528 triodes (one 6528 - it's a dual triode), and for SE a 2k transformer. If you ratio a 5k transformer (that's probably what your 300B transformers are) by connecting an 8R load across the 16R winding to give a 2.5k load you will lose a little bit of power in the excessive DC resistance of the secondary and the HF performance won't be as good as a purpose-designed 2k5 transformer, but bass may be better. If you feel that SY is too far away to send 6528 for proper crushing, the UK is nearer...
Old 4th June 2004, 11:22 AM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Default The 6528 Disposal Center

EC, please, you can't seriously want to pollute your lovely country with toxic waste like that. Be a patriotic European and direct all such garbage to less civilized lands like the US. It's a sacrifice for us, but sacrifice for the good of others is our motto.
Old 29th June 2011, 04:39 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default 6528 Tubes

I have found no difference with any of them, 6528, 6528A, or 6528A/B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6528S.jpg (218.5 KB, 53 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!