• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

211 power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear DIY fellows

Hello from Athens, Greece

I would like to build a power amp with four (4) 211/VT-4-C tubes per channel in push-pull configuration with one pair of tubes to each side of the push-pull. I have the output and the power transformers the tubes and the sockets. Can any of you provide a schematic diagram or a site that I can find what I need? The tubes have to be powered with 1000V plate B+ do to the transformer output that I already have.
Thanks in advance.

Just a couple of amps that use 2x 211 / vt4c's a channel is all I know of...

The first here uses a 15k primary on the OPT. Theoretically (as far as I know) you could halve the Prim imp with 4 tubes.
What specs have your Irons?

http://poseidon.cantech.net.au/~supra/211p-p.html

The second is in some wierd language... This one has an IT! Good. 10k prim imp on the OPT here...
http://www.audiokit.it/ITAENG/Creature/ARBOS/ARBOS.HTML

This one has no accopanying text, and seems like a OK design...
http://www.almuse.com/images/211_2.gif

I'm not very experienced in things like this, but I'm sure some experts will shed some light over it.

One thing though... With 4x 211, you will need some hefty driverstage! Make sure that you have got enough headroom!

Stig

You people here seem to be with a lot of know-how about tubes, and I need your help.

I would like to build a power amp with four (4) 211/VT-4-C tubes per channel in push-pull configuration with one pair of tubes to each side of the push-pull (eight (8) tubes for both channels). I have the output and the power transformers the tubes and the sockets and all kind of electrolytic caps, diodes and tubes. Can you provide (design) the schematic diagram for the power amp and the power supply that I need? If yes I will give you all the values for all the parts I have. I also will pay you for your work.
There is anybody that can desing the above amp?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Kyriakos

I can't design but do know of an amp that used 4 6V6s in a PP circuit. It is a Hammond Tone Cabinet amp from 1949. I know this is way off from 211s but it might be worth taking a look at because it would work the same way. There is a Hammond Organ news group in <www.google.com> Post there and you might get the schematic by email. Besides the amplifier circuit the power supply is also interesting in that there are no electrolitic capacitors. Just low uF oil caps and big chokes. Good luck on your project. If you can't get the help you need buy a Tube Cad to help you design your schematic on your computer. I sure need to get one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.