• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ok, i'll try and make it simple.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i can not see any other power supply on that schematic. the only supply is 12vac which feeds straight to the tube. someone on the forum built one of these. . . had the 12ax7 burn out after a couple of months they said. the amp runs like this;

input>latching push button switch channel select> 2 seperate identical channels with gain, level, 3 band eq, etc> master post gain> tda7294v poweramp chip > 100w 8ohm marshall MG4x12 angled cabinet ok?

So I was just looking for a safer way to use valves, because maplin siad it could be used as a low voltage pre-amp???? (the ecc83 on the www.maplin.co.uk website) And to know where I could get transformers to go from 220v to whatever I will need to run the valves, 300VAC? and to ask what +-10 to 42vcc meant, which is the rating for the poweramp chip. Is that DC 10 to 42 volts?

OK, it's fairly clear what you want to do- and I'm going to tell you not to do it. Tube amp design and construction is hazardous, it involves voltages (and sometimes parts) that are potentially lethal. From the nature of your questions, you've got close to zero experience. Nothing wrong with that, that's how we all start. But zero experience + hazardous circuits + no supervision = great hazard to life and limb.

If you want a tube preamp, go buy a tube preamp. In the meantime, start learning about electronics playing with chips and transistors. Once you've got the basics of design, construction, and (most of all) safety, once you've burned up your share of small, inexpensive parts, then you'll be ready to tackle this.

I'm not as naive as you think. . . Well not quite. . .

I'm not completely unkowing.
I've been using Electronics since I was six, When I began modifying my laptop. . . The fun way. . . I've virtually built a laptop out of a 1994 amiga, I cant source a screen but thats it (If you're wondering, I dont mean plugging connectors in, I mean via soldering iron.) I know all about safety, I know all about the hazards, I was intending on isolating the guitar circuit from the amp using opto-isolators if possible, use a circuit breaker at all times, earth all metal surfaces, you name it, I wasnt going to use it until I had a wireless system so that i could completely seperate myself from the amp by 6 feet or so, I was just wondering about voltages because Half the amps I've looked at ran on 12 volts AC, The Stack-in-a-box by www.piai.com or something, and 10 odd homebuilt projects off the net. here we go www.piai.com/siabsch.pdf And proof that the damn thing runs on 12Volts. I try not to talk crap. I always check it out first, which is WHY im asking for help on the forum? So theres no need to give an overstated opinion of my naivity. And I told you. They dont sell What I'm looking for!

Which is this:

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 261
If it's a power opamp, it probably has a positive and a negative supply, both of which are DC. This is probably telling you that you can run the chip off of +/-10V (that is, +10V on the +ve supply and -10V on the -ve supply) through +/-40V (likewise, +40V on the +ve supply and -40V on the -ve supply).

Without seeing the datasheet for the chip, this is a guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.