• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Beginners Project: Need a schematics for a small simple EL84 SE (or PSE) amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I´ve decided to build a simple EL84 amp as my first tube project. This first project will be more about learning than to build an extremely good amp.

For instance, I found a cheap universal OPT at a great price (About US $25 each): http://www.demostenes.no/endr1be.asp?Kode=3956

I´d really like to use either those trannies, or a couple of Hammond universal OPTs from the 125x line, maybe the 125B would be suitable for an EL84 SE amp and the 125C for a PSE amp with two EL84 per channel?

The Hammond OPTs mentiones cost about the same as the first one I linked to, which is made by an italian company called Novarria.

What I´m looking for right now is a suitable schematics. I´ve read the thread about SE EL84 amps and really like this one:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please give me some advise. I´ve done some calculating and it looks like it would cost around US $100 to build the amp in the picture.

/Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.