tuner - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2002, 01:04 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default tuner

i picked up a phillips table top stereo/radio at a yard sale, after repairing the ac in at the transformer and replacing a ez80 it powered up. it has all origanal phillips mini watt tubes and the am works great, has el84 opts. fm does nothing but make static. also has 3 other bands that have nothing but static. anyone have any ideas as to where i should look? thanks

cheers, mike
Old 29th April 2002, 08:33 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: tuner

Quote:
Originally posted by FlMike
i picked up a phillips table top stereo/radio at a yard sale, after repairing the ac in at the transformer and replacing a ez80 it powered up. it has all origanal phillips mini watt tubes and the am works great, has el84 opts. fm does nothing but make static. also has 3 other bands that have nothing but static. anyone have any ideas as to where i should look?
What drivers does it have. I picked one of these up and it had the 800 ohm 6" FRs in it.

The other 3 bands are shortwave.

dave
Old 1st May 2002, 12:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

it has 2 800 ohm 6" drivers
Old 1st May 2002, 01:09 AM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Philips tabletop radio

Quote:
Originally posted by FlMike
it has 2 800 ohm 6" drivers
I may well have parts for you -- i stripped out the OPTs & drivers and flogged them on eBay (off to Japan for just under $100) since the radio didn't work well, and i needed the space. What was the model? (i may be able to still figure that out -- i could at least take a picture of the chassis for ID)

If you are really interested in getting it working (and it will be sweet working) the schema can be had from a fellow in germany (i'd have to dig a bit to find the URL) or take it to a pro (we have one locally here).

dave
Old 1st May 2002, 02:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

phillips

biampli stereogram

type B5X14A/54

i have the fm kind of working now, tunes in 2 stations at the same time. i have a couple of things still to do to it and then i think i will take it and see if it can be realigned . thanks for the help.

cheers, mike

Hide this!Advertise here!