• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Shots of my GG pre amp!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I've finally got hold of a digital camera and took a shot of the GG pre amp. I also took a couple of shots of the first intergrated valve amp that is currently on ebay. See what you think and let me know youre thoughts.
You must look past the smudge maks on the front pannel. The laquer was a bit of a dud brand. I'll have to re-do that soon.
Thanks again.
andrewe1

Attachments

• 4 copy.gif
    4 copy.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 420
re: ggpreamp

Hi ashok,
I'll try and post a schematic as soon as I can.
The sound that comes from this amp is absloutely fantastic.
I hooked it up to Rotel power amp that drives my Apogee ribbons and I find hard to leave the lounge room. The sound stage is very wide and detaled and with that typical warm valve sound.
My next project is a pair of single ended valve power amps to go with the pre and it will then be all valve amplification. The intergrated amp that you can see is good aswell, but the GG has that edge to it that the intergrated cant quite keep up with .
andrewe1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.