• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A joke?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Actually this happens from time to time but it's rare that these "accidents" hit the market.

I've had other small signal tubes that had gold plated pins even though they have no professional equivalent whatsoever.

In the case of the TFK 12AX7s I doubt someone took the effort of electroplating the pins afterwards....
There's really little to gain from it unless perhaps you live in a very humid climate.

Cheers,;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Bargain!

I have a very unusual pair of Mazda ECC83 with gold-plated pins, and a number of Brimar ECC83 with gold-plated pins, so gold-plating ECC83/12AX7 wasn't that rare. In recognition of their reduced rarity value, I am happy to accept bids in the region of $100,000 (or very near offer)...

Just in case anyone feels I am breaking the rules about commercial posts, if I sell two pairs at the above price, I will pay diyAudio's hosting costs for the year. That seems fair.

The item on ebay actually hasn't had any edits, so those "Updates" or the "Important note" from my understanding were placed there at the same time the text up above was placed.

I think this because usually ebay itself places a:
"Seller added 'this'" and actually devides the old post and new post in half.

I've also noticed before that "vintage-rat" has sold legit and not rediculously priced items before on ebay..

So, shrug.

Hi,

From what I heard this Ebay item was placed to function as a warning against someone who actually is selling goldplated TFK tubes on E-bay.

The TFK tubes earlier advertised on E-bay, (I dont want to mention the sellers name) where goldplated by him and avertised as something completely unique that of course should be extremely expensive, from what I heard quite many people have bought these goldplated TFK's for outrageous amount of cash believing that really found something unique.

As the current E-bay add is so clearly something strange the idea was, (from what I heard) to explain quite frankly that other gold plated TFK's are indeed a fraud, without actually eaccusing someone of fraud, (from what I heard there has been a lawsuit from the fraud seller towards the current "seller" Vintage rat.

Regards Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.