• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sylvania News

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great stuff Bas. Must get a scanner so I can put up some articles from some Radio and Television News mags I have. Full of wonderful hints that it seems few remember.
Hallo Michael,

That would be great. I've been wanting to post some scans for ooo about 2 years now. Such a waste to not let others enjoy. Even if one does not learn anything from them. It is fun to read what was published 60-70 years ago.

Regards,
Bas

Here's a couple of interesting pages from a 1950s Mullard valve manual: (I have better quality ones if anyone is interested!) Sorry for blurriness, was taken with digital camera...

Attachments

• distortion_mullard.jpg
    distortion_mullard.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 260
Actually I have a site hosted off my private DSL line I am planing on placing a page up with some of my scans from "Radio Television & Hobbies Australia" aswell as "The RADIO Constructor" all over the 1950's (A British pocket mag).

I am however heasitant upon publishing to the public because of copyright concerns, I don't think ither of those magazines are around anymore, so does that stop them from legal action? :)

A test page is currently available until I can replace it at:

http://freax.ath.cx/

Uptime is upon average 80% of the calendar month.

There are a few ol' timers round here that have literally stockpiles of 1930-1960 articles and magazines, maybe one day I will have enough upstream to host them all if Copyright isn't an issue...

Maybe fdegrove can shoot em over here and we can both linkup via hyper?

Actually that looks like it was ripped using a scanner nice camera!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.