• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mods on leak stereo 20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
The decision about whether to use feedback, or not, can be made after the event. The important choice is the output transformer. Valve amplifiers stand or fall by their output transformer. Shipping iron from the UK to Argentina is probably not economic (so how come we buy your corned beef?). I imagine something from the Hammond range ought to be suitable, but I'm sure there are people closer to you who will know.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Another question, in power supply is better tube or diodes?, any tube (5u4, etc.) or the tube in the schematic is the only i can choose.

If you want to copy-build the Leak TL 20 as you posted you'd better stick with the 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier as shown, otherwise you'll need to change too much.

In general most people building and enjoying tube amplifiers prefer to use tube rectifiers for mains rectification.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.