el34 se schematic opinion - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2004, 12:16 PM   #1
trancy is offline trancy  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default el34 se schematic opinion

I found simple schematic fot SE with el34, and i want to ask you all, if its ok or should I change something ...I havent so much expirience with tubes like you boys.....

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg el34.jpg (40.6 KB, 386 views)
Old 21st April 2004, 03:27 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Looks fine but don't expect to much power at that B+ level. Say around 2watts. I used mine at 400volts on the plate to get 3.5 watts. I say go for it. Carefull with the feedback connection only, the rest is allright. I find that due to the feedback, some buzzing might take place. But SE with some small amounts of feedback is great and ideal for better bass control
Old 21st April 2004, 03:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Replace the 1N4007 diodes with UF4007 diodes and instead of the bridge rectifier shown for the filaments, build a bridge with four Schottky 5 amp diodes, all available from Mouser. Use a small piece of perf board from Radio Shack to build the filament bridge. Have fun!

Roger Hill
Old 21st April 2004, 03:52 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Oops! Just noticed where you are. Go ahead and build as designed. If you then want to try the Uf/Schottkys send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I'll build replacement rectifiers for you. The components are easily available and inexpensive here in the USA.

Hide this!Advertise here!