• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Source for round and/or square transformer covers ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I would like to find a source for a nice round cover for a toriod that is 2 7/8" by 6 1/2".
Also, would like sources for various square transformer and choke covers.

Thanks for any suggestions and links.

Regards

Ken L

Getting the preamp off the breadboard soon, and starting to build the GM70 amp

regards

Ken L

Ken,

Your best bet may be a drawn aluminum enclosure. One source of such things is www.norpin.com (located in MA I believe). There are many others - do a google for "drawn aluminum enclosures" and see what you come up with - or try the Thomas Register (I think they're online as well). These things are reasonably cheap (used to use them years ago for "potted" assemblies of various types). Good luck and let us know what you find...

Bill

netgeek said:
Ken,

Your best bet may be a drawn aluminum enclosure........do a google for "drawn aluminum enclosures"

Bill

Will do on the Google - I had already googled it but didn't know the correct terminology to search for _grin_

Norpin looks like a great start, although I haven't looked at the entire site - the front page looks like the sort of thing I am looking for.

Thanks much for pointing out the way_big grin_

Best Regards

Ken L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.