• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Little help for beginner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I need help in solving a problem I cannot understand
I just finish my building a KT88 SE .This was meant to experiment different solution and not aiming to the highest quality. So far so good I am happy with what a learn and also from the sound of the ampli but there is a problem.
When I switch off the ampli the woofer of the speaker oscillate badly for few seconds.this happen only on one channel. I think may be a bad capacitor in the power supply?
Any idea/suggestion how isolate the fault?
Thanks for any help.

This is the schematic

Attachments

• Nuovo.png
    Nuovo.png
    38 KB · Views: 237
Beginners generally get more help if they show us the circuit they built, not one of the many millions of circuits they didn't build but which they think are vaguely similar to what they did build.

Oscillation on switching off may be a sign of too much feedback, putting the amplifier normally in a state called 'conditional stability' - which means that if the gain is reduced then oscillation can occur.

point take on your observation DF96 it just happen I did not have an updated schematic ready as said this was a kind of experience workshop for me changing everyday.
Noted your advice regarding the NFB shall try to reduce it is just strange happening on one channel only?
thank you again

Beginners generally get more help if they show us the circuit they built, not one of the many millions of circuits they didn't build but which they think are vaguely similar to what they did build.

Oscillation on switching off may be a sign of too much feedback, putting the amplifier normally in a state called 'conditional stability' - which means that if the gain is reduced then oscillation can occur.

when turn off the tube amp ..... should power tubes in output circuit go to cut off as fast it means no sound in speaker .
in tubes we should know abut tube bias .
if problem in tube quality ... can not be quit .:( so hearing sound or vibration .

Check carefully the voltage of input stage (on resistors) on good channel and then on the other and compare; a little difference is normal
Also check the solder points on socket.
After that, swap the coupling capacitor between channels

Walter

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.