Ac30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2004, 11:12 AM   #1
aladin is offline aladin  France
diyAudio Member

Question Ac30

Mythique AC30 !!
Je me lance dans la realisation d'une copie de VOX , double PP de EL84 , sur le site http://www.ptsoundlab.com , Pascal Tajan donne les carracteristiques et le schema "amelioré" d'une telle realisation, il me manque pourtant les carracteristiques du transfo d'alim (U & I de la HT, I du chauffage). Si quelqu'un pouvait m'aiguiller !!!!
merci .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ac30front.jpg (18.0 KB, 420 views)
Old 17th April 2004, 11:32 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Aladin, and welcome to diyAudio

BUT , , this is an English speaking board, so if you can translate your post then that might help to get your problem answered.

Thanks
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 17th April 2004, 11:36 AM   #3
diyAudio Senior Member

Hello,

No English, at all?

O.K. You're looking for the powersupply transformer specifications.

I can't see what's missing on the diagram:

AC 30

Cheers,
Old 17th April 2004, 11:55 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up AC30

Sorry I'm a beginer on Forum site , I try to explain my problem. I'm trying to build an guitar ampli based on EL 84 dubble push-pull which gives aproximatively 30W. I know the definition of outer transformator but iI need information about power alimentation transformator . I need (intensity and tension about high tension (I supose 2X 180VAC) and also the intensity about warmer tube system (6.3 VAC)).
So if somebody had done this realisation or have this information !!!
I had kept the schema of this realisation on very intrusting web site about tube amplifier named http://www.ptsoundlab.com .
thank you for answer.
Old 17th April 2004, 01:12 PM   #5
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Just reading the schematic:

Cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: gif ac30-vox.gif (24.1 KB, 437 views)
Old 17th April 2004, 03:57 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb AC30

Ok, Ok !
I change my glasses.

The answer is on the original schematic but in the new version (with new power suply defined by the autor of the site) the high voltage is 2X180VAC only . Is it a mistake ? I supose it is, because to obtain 320VCC after the selfic part, 180VAC is too low. The goal of my initial question is to have a confirmation before buying this expensive part.
Old 17th April 2004, 09:58 PM   #7
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
Is it a mistake ?
Depends on how he rectifies the AC voltage but if he uses a valve rectifier then, yes.

BTW, Pascal is a member here as well. Have you sent him an e-mail regarding this?

Quote:
The goal of my initial question is to have a confirmation before buying this expensive part.
I understand. While I am not too sure about the actual value of the B+ secondary as it is not clearly readable even with my super glasses it shouldn't be too far off:

So on the secondary side you need a centertapped (CT) 280-0-280VAC 160mA winding.
5VAC 2A to heat the rectifier.
6.3 VAC 6A to heat the EL84s and 12A*7s.
I noticed there is a static shield between primary and secondary as well so specify that too (it never hurts).

Cheers,
Old 18th April 2004, 12:35 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I have send a mail to Pascal, but I supose he have not enough time to answer me.
I suppose his mail box is full of questions and remark about his web site ......

For me this projet will spend more time, first I need to resolve the problem of the box (I have not any hability to work the wood) in secund there is the problem of steel sheet support (I'have not enought define the inplantation of differents components) third I will work on the wiring of differents components . I think that the right method is to go step by step.

For the power supply I note your remark about secondary side definition ( 280-0-280VAC 160mA and 6.3 VAC 6A to heat the EL84s and 12A*7s) .
I will not the 5VAC 2A because I will change the valve rectifier by a Diode.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for my bad english.

Bye
Old 18th April 2004, 01:12 AM   #9
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aladin
sorry for my bad english.
Your English is WAY better than my French

dave
planet10/poor monolingual kinda guy
Old 18th April 2004, 01:17 AM   #10
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

Quote:
I will not the 5VAC 2A because I will change the valve rectifier by a Diode.
Keep in mind that in that case you could just as well use a different secundary winding altogether as you'll have to burn off some serious excess voltage that way.

I don't play electric guitar but knowing more than a few of them I know they'd all say that a big part of the amps' sound is due to the kind of rectifier used....
None of them would even consider copying a VOX "sans" the tube rectifier anyway.

Quote:
Thank you very much for your help and sorry for my bad english.
No problem, I speak French as well but we have to respect the other members.

Cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!