• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Eagle brd file

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I have a simple request that will clarify something that I've been confused about for a long time.
I use Eagle to make PCB's a little awkward but it works. I have always been confused by the way a tube socket pin out is presented. So I have a solution. Can one of you guys using Eagle take ANY octal tube and ANY 9 or seven pin socket, place it in Eagle, create a BRD file, no connections needed, just two tube PCB patterns with pin #1 numbered and either post it here or PM me with it? All I want to do is know what is correct and what is reversed from my thinking. Please do it in a BRD file because I am dyslexic and if you TELL me, I will get it sdrawkcab. Thank you!

When you put a tube socket on a pcb after the pcb is finished and in your hand you can solder the socket to the front or the back of the pcb which of course flips all the pins. So first decide which side of the pcb the socket will get soldered to.

Here are octal sockets on a pcb. The componets are being placed on the front and the tube sockets on the back. The pins are numbered correctly for placing the sockets on the back. If the sockets were on the front with the components the numbers would all be flipped and traces changed to match.

Attachments

• Tube Board.jpg
    Tube Board.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 122
Thank you both, I think I will be able to sort it out. I do sometimes have left right mirror image comprehension issues. That is why I needed an actual BRD image rather than words. Now that you can rent the premium version of Eagle for $65 a month, I may be taking on bigger projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.