• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tool to overlay loadlines on characteristic curves.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now this was more basic. There was no tube database. You simply loaded a pic (say a screen shot of the curves from a data sheet) Then you would define the (0,0) X-Y point and the ends of the axes. Let's say your Y axis was from 0 to 500V and X was 0-300mA. as you moved your cursor around it would display the V and I you were pointing at. You could then place dots at certain points and draw lines using these coordinates to guide you.

It didn't do any calculations as I recall but did make it easier to draw load lines and manually identify points on the line from which you could calculate what ever you wanted.

Attachments

• geogebra.PNG
    geogebra.PNG
    242 KB · Views: 110
Downloaded then DEB for ver 5 and it installed without a hitch. I played with it a bit last night and figured out how to load a pic and anchor it to the axes, draw lines and points, and lable them. So I am to the point of doing what Libre Draw does. In order to use the advanced capabilities I now need to figure out how to adjust the axis scaling to reflect that of the curve pic.

Looks promising.

Is there an easy way to "see" ballpark pentode load preferences?

What I mean is say you have a pentode that likes a load of 8K and you want to find one that is comfortable with relatively smaller (or greater) load impedance. Is there a characteristic like gm, rp or such that would roughly correlate to this or an easily recognized attribute of the curves that would allow you to identify likely suspects before doing a full on loadline analysis?

I just use Excel. You scan the curves from the datasheet, crop out everything except the plot area and save the file (or just use the windows snipping tool to do this directly from a pdf). Then create a chart in Excel with the same axis range that was used in the datasheet plot, format the plot area as "Picture or texture fill" then select the picture file you just saved. Loadline can then be plotted using data in Excel. See attached example.

Attachments

• ecc81 Excel.JPG
    ecc81 Excel.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.