• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DIY tube integrated for relative beginner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. My wife has approved an integrated tube amp purchase for our living room. I want to power my Kef Q100 speakers

(Kef Q100 specs are: FREQUENCY RESPONSE 49Hz - 40kHz (±3dB) CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES 2.5kHz MAXIMUM OUTPUT 107dB (SPL) AMPLIFIER REQUIREMENTS 10 - 100W SENSITIVITY 86dB (2.83V/1m)IMPEDANCE 8 Ohms).

I want to DIY this amp. I am relatively new to electronics, but I don't mind taking on a challenging project.

Can anyone recommend a diy tube kit amp with reasonable build guides that would be suitable for this?

Budget is about US$500 (which eliminated frequently recommended diy amps like bottlehead).

Thanks!

Here in the UK, a high standard is set in integrated valve amplifier kits by:

index

The prices, particularly when shipping is added, are above your budget. However it is worth looking at the site, if only to see the quality that is obtainable in a tube amplifier kit.

The KEL84 15W sells for £795 and the KT88 35W sells for £1,345.

Hi Moon Indigo!

Re Elekit TU-8200DX. The price looks good but costs may have been saved in the choice of output transformers. The fact that they are physically quite small may ultimately restrict bass quality.

Being a single-ended configuration the power output is quite low at 8.2W maximum. This is less than may be comfortable with your speakers. The kits I mentioned are push-pull configuration and consequently more powerful. Worth making the comparison to help guide your search.

If you are in Australia -> SS with H2 predominant like SE tubes amplifiers.

SAKSA 85

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/

You can build it easy.

Aspen SAKSA85 amplifier - Product Reviews & Opinions - StereoNET

URL]

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.